21 August 2008

You're so vain

I'm not vain. To the contrary, I have a poor self-image these days, especially when it comes to seeing photos of myself. But I'm tired of hiding every time a camera comes my way--because I do recognize that this is not normal--and I want my boys to have pictures with me, if for no other reason than as an accurate reflection of the way we spent their childhood. So I've been taking more and more self-portraits lately (usually during Finn's long afternoon naps, which is why he can't pop into any of the shots like Aedan can, as below) in an attempt to desensitize myself to the camera. Photo therapy, if you will.

My apologies for the apologia, as I know that my audience is here for pics of the boys, but this is a blog after all!

1 comment:

Angel at Aduladi' said...

You go sista! I feel the same way and if it continues my kids will have no clue what I looked like when they were children!

I will take your lead and try to stop shying away from every camera I see.

GREAT POST!